Miles and Smiles for Michaella is a memorial event created in loving memory of Michaella Walsh Libby. It is a chance to come together to celebrate her short but giving life. It was started the year she passed away and it is our annual fundraiser to fund our foundation. It is held at the Hudson Elks Pavilion.
The event starts with a high heel dash for those men and women brave enough to run in their stilettos, winner is awarded a prize. There is also a prize for the person who wears the pinkest outfit. After the dash attendees go on a 2 mile walk/run through Hudson. We offer amazing raffle items and every admission comes with 10 free raffle tickets. We also a special raffle, 7 nights in a Tuscany villa for 4 people. Tickets are $100 and we only sell 50. The day concludes with a memorial balloon release.
New in 2019 we will be offering a BBQ lunch by Stevies Backyard café while raffles are being pulled.
Michaella was a 2010 graduate of Hudson High School where she was an honor roll student and athlete. She was a sophomore at the University of Maryland majoring in Public Health when she passed away. She had a passion for helping others, which was reflected in her involvement with Peer Mediation, tutoring inner city children in Washington DC, and her participation in Students Helping Honduras. She was a member of AOPII sorority and Primannum Honor Society.
Inspired by her love of fashion, the day will start with a high heeled dash for those men and women brave enough to run in their stilettos, winner will be awarded a prize. We will also have a prize for the pinkest outfit at the event. Immediately following the dash, everyone is encouraged to participate in a 2 mile memorial walk/run. At the completion of the walk, please enjoy lunch provided by Stevie's Backyard Cafe while we pull raffles and play some lawn games.
Registrations received after September 27th will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Hudson Elks Pavilion
- 99 Park Street, Hudson, MA 01749
- On-site check in begins at 10:00 AM
- 50 yard High-heeled Dash: 10:30 AM (Please bring your own heels)
- 2 Mile Memorial Walk: 11:00 AM
- Lunch provided by Stevie's Backyard Cafe: following the 2 Mile Memorial Walk
On-site Raffles and Prizes
- Special raffle offered again this year: 7 night stay for four people in a two bedroom Tuscany Villa. Only 50 tickets will be sold; tickets are $100 and will be available on-site at the event.
- 10 tickets for raffle baskets are included in your ticket price. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased on-site.
- A prize for the walker with the pinkest outfit!
Proceeds from the event fund the Michaella Walsh Libby non-profit foundation which supports:
- A scholarship at the AOII Sorority at University of Maryland
- A scholarship presented to a Hudson High School student exhibiting Michaella’s love of service to others or pursuing a health-related major
- Assistance with funeral expenses for families in need who have lost a child.
Maureen Harris, 20 Autumn Lane, Northborough, MA 01532
Please make checks payable to: The Michaella Walsh Libby Foundation